Greenplanet Energy Analytics (GEA) is a growing professional consulting firm that provides business and technology analysis, opportunity assessments, advisory, training, and project management services in the fields of renewable energy, energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emission measurement and reduction, and sustainable community development.
Our client base includes First Nations, Municipalities, Co-operatives, Community Organizations, and Small Business and Clean Tech companies.
We work in a fascinating, demanding, and rapidly growing field and offer the right person the opportunity for exceptional on-the-job learning, rewarding and meaningful work, challenge, and personal growth as part of a strong team.
GEA operates as virtual office with a current team of 11 staff and associates working from home offices and in the field. The book-keeping and admin assistant must have convenient access to senior partners and finance-admin leadership residing in the Drayton Valley – Brazeau County area, or Edmonton.
REQUIRED: We are looking for a hardworking, confident, motivated junior – intermediate person with:
- Strong organizational skills,
- Excellent Math proficiency and accuracy and excellent attention to detail,
- Grade 12 advanced diploma with strong math and science course results and
- At least one year of post-secondary education in business administration, business or accounting, or equivalent,
- Proficiency and experience in MS Excel, MS Word, MS OUTLOOK or equivalents and interest and ability to rapidly learn other workplace and communications applications,
- A friendly, outgoing personality and high comfort level communicating with suppliers, team members and client representatives over a wide range of tasks,
- Demonstrated honesty and integrity and a clear understanding of confidentiality obligations,
- An exceptional work ethic, and
- Strong references from previous employers and a proven employment track record.
- Must have convenient access to the Drayton Valley / Brazeau County / Edmonton area.
DESIRED: Previous successful experience with book-keeping, invoicing, virtual office management, and WEB-based technology research will be definite assets.
The ideal candidate will also have some experience and / or a strong interest in the fields of clean energy technology, sustainable energy solutions, and community based economic development.
THE WORK: The Book-keeping and Admin Assistant will support the Finance and Admin Director as well as the Partners, Senior Analysts and Project Managers, in the areas of:
- administrative tracking and record-keeping,
- invoicing, travel expense management, on-line purchasing,
- accounts receivable / payable,
- project analysis data entry,
- WEB-based background research, briefing notes and project support,
- organizing and supporting in person and virtual meetings, and
- executive assistant support to senior partners.
GENERAL TERMS: are outlined as follows – SPECIFIC TERMS may be negotiable for the right candidate:
- • Part-time (TO START) – a 0.5 to 0.75 FTE workload or approximately 20 to 32 hours per week over the first 4 to 6 months,
- Reasonable flexibility in working hours within the 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday window,
- Primarily working from a home office,
- The successful candidate must be able to supply a quiet and productive workspace at home, or within another office centre workspace that can provide confidentiality and security regarding sensitive information,
- GEA is flexible and can offer either an employee or contractor arrangement,
- Hourly Wage: $22 to $27 per hour range depending on experience, training and education and background knowledge and interests in GEA’s work,
This is a ten-month term position with strong possibility of being extended or modified for the right candidate who proves themselves to be a good fit for GEA’s work culture and corporate goals.
Please apply by February 25th , 2021 (for consideration in the initial round of review – interview). The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. GEA prefers that work commence within two weeks of hiring confirmation.
- a resume,
- at least four references (of which at least two are employment related), and
- a cover letter outlining why this position is of interest and how your qualifications fit our requirements.
By EMAIL to: HR@gpenergyanalytics.ca
Please note – GEA thanks all candidates who apply but advises that we are not able to follow up with all applicants, and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.